Finnish Trendi September 2006 | A Lost Supermodel

Daria was featured in a quick beauty interview in the September 2006 issue of Finnish Magazine Trendi


The translated interview below (thanks to tFS member Emilia)

A Lost Supermodel
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when the 22-year-old supermodel Daria Werbowy revealed that she doesn’t know whether she wants to work on the catwalk anymore. “I’ve changed and it’s time to give room for new girls. For the last three years I’ve been on top, but I’ve been modelling since I was 14.”

What will you do in the future?
I want to travel. I mean real backpack trips. I would also like to establish a café or a gallery, paint, design jewellery and sail. I just produced a film in Canada that my friend directed and wrote. Acting and directing interests me.

How do you take care of your skin?
I use eye cream in the morning and evening and a lot of moisturizer. Mascara and Juicy Tubes-lip gloss is enough for makeup. Here’s my grandmother’s tip: Squeeze lemon juice into a cotton pad and swipe your face with it. Wash off with warm water. It cleans the skin completely. I always use my grandmother’s recipe after fashion weeks. I make a peeling of lemon juice and sugar.

What is your favourite place?
Ireland. I did a car trip there last summer with a friend of mine. I love driving and like getting lost. If I have a bad day, I go for a ride.

What will you get for fall?
Marc Jacobs show was wonderful! Grunge is so chic. I want a big hat and strong, but natural eyebrows.